When choosing private health insurance, there are hundreds of different healthcare plans from multiple providers (for example, Axa, Bupa, Allianz, etc). Many of these policies will have benefits in common, but it’s important to check that you are covered as comprehensively as you expect. Some of the main private health insurance benefits are shown below. Does your policy cover everything you expect?
- Fees for outpatient treatments, including for consultants
- Fees for any tests conducted at the request of consultants
- Diagnostic procedures including, for example, MRI scans (which can be expensive)
- Daycare treatment (i.e. treatment which does not require an overnight stay)
- In-patient treatment and care (this may include payments to surgeons, anaesthetists, accommodation costs, nursing costs, drug costs, etc)
- Fees for radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Physiotherapy, chiropractors, etc
- Home nursing and private ambulance transport
- Cash benefits for use during NHS stays
- Discounts towards annual health check-ups
Most health insurance providers have a different policies that provide varying levels of cover. When buying a new policy, consider carefully, the benefits you require and which you could do without.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /mnt/volume_lon1_02/home/pfonline/public_html/privatehealth.me.uk/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399